Thursday 13 December 2012

Enforced Boredom

So I had my travel vaccinations this morning, and I've been avoiding doing much today because it was suggested I may have flu-like symptoms or a sense of numbness or general strangeness of feeling in my arm (but, I have been assured, it isn't a problem as long as I can still move my fingers.  Comforting, really).

It is a good thing I took their advice, because about an hour and a half after my shots I became suddenly clumsy - and not just in my arm either.  It isn't painful but I have been walking into things, tripping over perfectly flat floorboards and knocking things over instead of picking them up.  For the majority of the day I have been sitting still, not reading because I keep dropping my book, not writing because I currently cannot hold a pen, not using the computer because it is frustratingly slow to type (fifteen minutes for this post so far) and not watching TV because it was downstairs and I don't trust myself yet.

Do you know how boring that can be.  With all the wonderous things to do, I am left bored as anything and exceedingly frustrated.  I am even more frustrated now because it seems I am still unable to strike a single key at a time and I'm spending more time fixing mistakes than I am typing - this is an experience I haven't had since roughly Grade 4.

I give up, that's enough for this post.  I will vent all the feelings I currently suffer at a later point (probably, if I feel like it, maybe).

2 comments:

  1. What the hell travel vaccinations did you have to have?!?!? Or did you actually listen to the part of class where they recommended we have flu shots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much with the listening in class, but I did listen to the nurse who said I should get both flu and tetanus shots. She suggested rabies too but only if I'm planning on going caving or something.
      Even if I didn't need them, I'm happy to play it more safe than sorry - remember, I've never been through any of this before.

      Delete