Sunday 23 December 2012

End of Days: Epilogue

Well the 21st of December 2012 came and went and nothing out of the ordinary happened the world ended, but it's okay because I fixed it.

Thank you, animated gif collection.

That's right, I averted the apocalypse, or at least that's the story I'm going to be telling my gandkids one day. Anyone who didn't live through the apocalypse will be relying solely on the word of those who did.  This means that they have to believe me if I say that when the Earth was on the brink of being destroyed by, I don't know, face-eating space monsters from Neptune or something and it was only due to the fact that my crack group of hardened circus enthusiasts discovered that the way to defeat them was to unleash the lemurs on them.

Utterly terrifying to Neptunian face-eating space monsters, true story.

All it needs for this plan to work is for everyone to get behind it, and the beauty of it is everyone gets to invent their own stories of glory in the heroic battles to defend our planet against the evil alien invaders.  I'm thinking I might also have hijacked one of their attack craft and flown it back to the mothership where I sabotaged their entire supply of tomato juice, meaning, of course, that I had severely crippled their fleet until they found another fuel source for their missiles.  Having completed my mission I jumped from the ship and did a James Bond style skydive where I wrestled a parachute from a soviet alien and successfully landed in the middle of a fashion show in which the models were exceedingly grateful.

So make sure that future generations are appropriately thankful that there were people willing to put their lives on the line to overcome this apocalyptic threat that the Mayans somehow managed to successfully predict over 5,000 year ago.

Either that or not even the alien invaders were prepared to miss the Doctor Who Christmas special.

No comments:

Post a Comment