Sunday 16 December 2012

DIY Superhero Team

Last night I realised that my friends and I might be slightly nerdy.  No, really, it's true.  This realisation came about during a discussion about who we would put in our own version of the Avengers/JLA if we could have anyone hero all.

There were some rules we had to follow.  First, not Superman, this was quickly ammended to not any Kryptonian and no other overpowered characters (think Nemesis Lad or Q).  Second, if someone else chose a character you couldn't choose that character as well.  Third, they must be a hero or playable character, no supervillains, there is an exception to this if the villain had been a hero or at some point but it is understood that they would probably be unreliable anyway.

I present for your amusement my list:

Oracle
Of course she's going to be in charge of the team, no one else has the same level of organisation or information finding skills as Oracle.  The fact that she's in a wheelchair doesn't faze me either, she's still more hardcore than 99.9% of the planet's population.

Captain Jack Harkness
This was originally going to be the Doctor, but someone else got in first with that.  Still, a man who cannot die is definitely going to be useful on any superhero team.  At some point the supervillain is going to get his act together and say "Ah, I have successfully made this trap that contains the weakness of each and every member of your team, you will die before you can stop this armageddon device."  so it's definitely useful to have someone who'd simply say "I'm good." and get on with it.

Delta
Face it, if I want someone to punch a wall out for me I'm getting someone who can genetically alter themselves to not only achieve that, but also set everyone on the other side of that wall on fire or cause swarms of bees to follow his fist through said wall.  Also, he has a freaking drill for a hand!

Severus Snape
So this was a no brainer, everyone was trying to think of which wizard they wanted on their team, most people wanted Gandalf but I didn't even need to consider my choice.  Snape is a very powerful wizard who knows and is, on occassion, prepared to use evil magic for a good cause.  Why wouldn't you want him on your team?

MacGyver
This is a man who can make explosives out of two paperclips and a stick of chewing gum, need I say more?

Black Widow
I could choose someone else, but when the perfect spy is already available what is the point?  She is a master at both inflitration and interrogation.  She gets inside people's heads so easily you'd think she lived there.  Another big plus is that despite all the superpowered people around her, she never has one of those "Am I good enough to be here?" moments, she knows damn well she is.

Storm
Storm fills two roles on the team, riding the winds she can easily serve as aerial reconnaisance while she unleashed lighting on the baddies at range.  As an added bonus she has shown the ability to carry team members on the winds as well.

And that's my team.  In just seven members can anyone make a better one?

No comments:

Post a Comment