Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Reflections

So I keep hearing that Christmas and New Year is a time to spend with your family, something that becomes ridiculously easy when you all give each other DVDs that you want to watch yourselves.  I also keep hearing that it is a time for reflection on the year you've had and your hopes and dreams for the year about to come.

This would be much easier to achieve if I didn't go straight from finishing a university assignment into packing for America.  I finished a part of my university course last week and have a week to get it finished and handed in (even though the staff are currently on holidays) and I leave for America on Wednesday.  However, I figured if I had time to watch The Hobbit yesterday, I have time to do some blogging today, even if I have absolutely no idea what to say.

I am happy with the year I've had, I managed to quit smoking, achieve decent grades in my masters course, make some fantastic new friends and started a blog.  These are all accomplishments of which I am reasonably proud and they are balanced by almost nothing I regret or would do differently.

As for looking forward, there is so much stuff up in the air about next year that I haven't really made plans, although my hopes include doing as well, if not better at uni as I did this year, get fit and keep blogging and improving my blog (any suggestions as to how I could accomplish this are welcome btw).

For now, though, stress is the order of the day, so I'm going to stop procrastinating and finish the assignment so I can get back to packing.

A belated Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment