Monday 26 November 2012

Currently

So in my effort to better understand internet culture I'm doing a "Currently" post because according to a couple of blogs I'm following this is a trend and is meme-ing (or possibly the other way around) on blogs everywhere.

WATCHING:
QandA, and thinking the panel is pretty good except for Barnaby Joyce.  Shut up and let Jonathon Biggins, Penny Wong and Stella Young talk, hell I'd even prefer listening to Janet Albrechtson at this point although this may well change once she opens her mouth.
Janet you just proved me correct.
Also watched 48 Shades on the weekend, the film adaptation of Nick Earls's 48 Shades of Brown.  This film is fantastic and I would recommend it strongly to anyone with an open mind and a love of good storytelling.

LISTENING TO:
The audience ask questions and the panel answering them.  Also the music to the game my brother is playing in the other room with the volume set far too loud.
Although I'm not listening to it right at this moment, I'm getting back into The Cat Empire at the moment and, as always, listening to many musical theatre soundtracks, especially Avenue Q, JC Superstar, Little Shop of Horrors and basically anything by the Stephens - Sondheim and Schwartz.

PLANNING:
Right now I'm taking a break from planning anything, just finished sorting accommodation in America and have a lot sorted out for the rest of my placement.  About the only thing I've planned all day has been my transport for tomorrow.

THINKING ABOUT:
How a great many issues raised on QandA tonight have changed very little in the almost ten years which I have been voting.  And now I'm thinking that it is a very depressing thought and a worrying situation.

LOOKING FORWARD TO:
America, as it is my first time leaving the country.
Les Misérables, Hugh Jackman meets Shönberg and Boublil?  Heaven!
I know it sounds pretty naff, but the rest of my placement - I am honestly loving every minute of it,


READING:
Just finished the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy and the particularly interesting The Greatest Lies in History.  I am about to start a Doctor Who novel called The Silent Stars Go By, although Murakami's 1Q84 is calling me as well.

MAKING ME HAPPY:
Having reached the end of QandA, Randy and Sammy J's beautiful song is currently making me exceedingly happy.

What are you currently up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment