Wednesday 21 November 2012

A simple request

I just finished writing a ridiculously long post, which I'm not going to upload because I'm still not sure how well this whole semi-anonymous blogging is going to go and the whole once something is in your digital footprint it is there for good scares me.

What I wrote was a long rant against two companies that have been making things difficult for me recently and I found it cathartic - even if I didn't post it.  This has happened a couple of times now, although this was the first time I actually got to the point of writing a post about it.  I don't want to not post things but I'm fairly concerned about the whole coming back to bite me in the ass thing.

I use a different name here to the one I use in real life, partly this is because blogging under the name JR makes me feel like I have a secret identity which makes the comic book nerd in me geek out.  The majority of it, though, is in case I slip up and post something that I don't want to hurt me in future - although it doesn't mean I'm not planning on at least attempting to keep myself accountable for what I say here.

The problem here is that I don't know enough about how internet anonymity (or lack thereof) works.  If anyone has advice on this for me I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment