Sunday 18 November 2012

An Appointment with the Doctor

Well I finally got around to watching the new trailer for the Doctor Who christmas special and I have one thing and one thing only to say about it - Damn you Moffat!  Also damn you Matt Smith and damn you Jenna-Louise Coleman!

I'm sure there will be people out there who say "but the trailer only came out two days ago, how does this count as finally?"  To all of those people I say you deeply underestimate my epic levels of squeeing, fangirl-esque love of Doctor Who!

I've had this on my computer for some considerable time and don't remember where I found it.

This isn't where I'd planned to go with this post, but the gif made me wonder again about how people can make a fuss about which doctor was their doctor.  Although I have liked some actors better than others they are all the Doctor and the Doctor is awesome - even when played by Colin Baker.

People who say this doctor or that doctor, usually David Tennant these days, was the 'best' or 'real' doctor need to understand that they are all the same character, and without the previous ten incarnations the version portrayed by Matt Smith wouldn't be the same without Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, Davison, Baker, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston and Tennant.  If you pay attention you can see traces of all of them in the current doctor's personality, attitude and mannerisms.

The same goes for every doctor stretching right back to Patrick Troughton, they build on the character developed by all of the previous doctors.  So please stop telling me how much you miss number 10 and how much better he was than his, as Hartnell would put it, 'replacement' and just enjoy the show which is still the best thing on television.

PS. The same goes for Amy, Rory and our new companion who may or may not be Oswin or Clara or someone else entirely, again damn you Moffat!

No comments:

Post a Comment