Friday 30 November 2012

Christmas Spirit

It seems we may have reached that time of year when Christmas is really starting to make itself known.  Not that it hasn't been in stores for a while - I overheard a conversation in a local supermarket about whether they could reduce the Christmas display to make room for the Halloween one this year.

However, as of this week the shops down the road from me have been putting Christmas pictures in the window, you know those kids colouring pictures that everyone makes a big deal about even though most of them look like a rainbow vomited all over the page. These are mostly like that except that some of the images are free drawings.
Mostly the drawings have been, well, pretty much what you'd expect but with more unicorns, but today I noticed a new one that made me lol right there surrounded by people who probably thought I was mentally deficient or something.  The picture was dominated by a rather good drawing of a Pikachu doing some sort of electric shock attack to Sant Claus while some kid (I'm assuming it's a self portrait) who is holding a poké ball makes off with a stack of presents.  Now I'm all for creativity and to be honest it was a very good picture but it was pride of place in this store's display and I couldn't help but wonder how this store thought they were portraying their view of Christmas when they chose this for the window.
Also, Santa had an expression of quite severe pain on his face, which makes me worried about this kid.  I don't think I know anyone who didn't think about stealing Santa's sack with all the toys, but no one actually wants to cause him pain.  That's kinda screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment