Tuesday 1 January 2013

Welcome 2013

Well, my New Year's celebrations were remarkably tame this year (last year?), they consisted of packing and then playing Cluedo for the FIRST TIME EVER!  And some considerable alcohol consumption, of course.

Turns out I'm pretty good at Cluedo as I would have won if I hadn't initially been told that I could make an investigation and accusation in the same turn, something that I was told I couldn't do after all when I announced who dunnit.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4224427888_90919297d9_m.jpg
It was Miss Scarlett in the Library with the Rope.  Source

Fun as the game was, one of the best parts of this New Year's Eve was how quiet it was.  I don't think I've had a New Year's Eve celebration with so few people since I was in high school, only five people were there and two dogs.  So relaxing, which was just what I needed as a contrast to the hectic December I have had with university work as well as organising and packing for America.

I think the most energetic the night got was during a discussion about how close the ties are between atheistic existentialism and nihilism.  That and the epic celebration of how the two noobs did like a millionty times better at Cluedo than the veterans.  Mostly, though, a time for reflection was truly enjoyed by all present and the conversations got deep and meaningful.

No conversation was had of New Year's Resolutions, though, which I'm thankful for because I don't know what my resolution would be - I gave up smoking last year so that fallback is gone and I have less idea than usual what the future holds for me because I am about to undertake what I can only imagine will be one of the most life changing experiences of my days.

Given that, I only have one resolution to make for this year, to make the absolute most out of my month in the US.  Beyond that everything is up in the air.  Except of course needing to finish my course, find a job, get fit and all the other standards of new years resolutions that should probably be taken as read at this point.

Anyway, this will be my last post from Australia until sometime in February so prepare for lots of OMG HOW DO I DEAL WITH THE CULTURE SHOCK as I experience the wonders of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment